Here at DART Creations, we enjoy empowering Joomla! newbies by providing fancy functionality in a simple way - we enjoy making website design easy. Great web site design does not need to come at a high price. We enjoy providing simple modules with a nice function which under normal circumstances would require extensive tweaking and possibly endless frustration. We get frustrated so you don't have to - design website made easy :) Here's a few examples of how we help you: SEO for Joomla!, how to make Joomla load fast, and increase website traffic with social media!
jQuery Gooey Menu uses the popular "lava lamp" effect to create CSS menus with a moving gooey background effect. Whenever the mouse moves over a menu item, the desired style that indicates the selected menu item follows the mouse to that item, smoothly highlighting the currently active item. Each menu is simply a standard UL list and is very easy to customize, including the gooey effect itself.
Below is a demo of the way the menus will appear once it is live on your website.
There is no version for Joomla 1.5
The module is very easy to use. There are three main parameters which you need to set.
- Menu - the menu which you want to appear as the Gooey menu
- Gel Button color - to make it simpler for you, we have prepared a number of colors. It is recommended you go into the CSS files and change them to suit the style of your website
- Gel Button style - this allows you to choose from the various effects
- Gel button menu - the gooey effect, or gel button (as Demo 1 above)
- Solid block menu - a solid block with a gradient backgroud (see Demo 2 above)
- Underline menu - a thick underline menu (see Demo 3 above)
- Frame menu - a thick block with a transparent background
Due to the nature of the Gooey menu script, multiple level menus are not supported. If the menu contains multiple levels, then it will not work correctly, because there is no styling to suit the embedded <li>
Please post to the forums or the comments below if you need help in configuring the module.
Do you like this module? - Please do buy me a beer (€3)
If you liked this module, please consider buying me a beer. Every drop counts! No guarantees that any donations will be spent on new development rather than beer, though every effort will be made to spend all donations on new developments. Seriously, a lot of time goes into developing and maintaining each of our modules and we don't make nowhere near enough to compensate for the time spent. If you are using this module for commercial reasons, please seriously consider donating a beer or two :) Please do! It will inspire us to keep developing.