A web content management system is a database driven website, which assists its users in publishing web content. The Joomla CMS makes it easier to organize and publish documents, and other content including images and other multimedia resources. Web content management systems are often used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing industry-specific documentation such as news articles, operators' manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures.
Typical CMS features
- Creation of content and multimedia material, and organising the material by sections and categories
- Creation and management of users and their roles in content management on the site
- The ability to assign roles and responsibilities to different content categories or types.
- The ability to publish the content to a repository to support access to the content.
- The ability to separate the content from the formatting / layout, thus allowing the user to give the site a face-lift while keep the relevant comment, thus avoiding the need to redo all the content.
Due to these features, our intuitive CMS allows the user to publish their own content at their own leisure, without the need of having any technical skills.
Other useful features:
- An active user and developer community thus keep the system constantly updated to reflect growing needs and emerging technologies.
- Caching mechanism which thus allowing busy sites to perform very well.
- Recycle bin for content publishers.
- Advertising management (banners, etc).
- Media (images, documents) upload and management.
- Content display scheduling - i.e. you can define when (date / time) particular content should be published, and when the content expires.
- Content syndication (RSS)
- Search engine friendly (SEF) URL's.
- Internationalisation (interface translation).
- Advanced system administation.
- Simple but powerful templating system - allowing the look and feel of the site to be changed instantaneously.
- Heirarchical user access groups.
- Visitor statistics.
- Formatting content editor support.
- Polls system.
- Content voting/rating system.
- Content syndication - providing a feed so that your customers can be kept updated with your latest content.
One of the best features of Joomla is that thousands of plugins are available for your site, whether you require a forum, mailing list, shopping cart, download repository, wikis, blogs, photo galleries, alerts and anything else you may dream of is available for your perusal.
Components available with our CMS:
- Blog / Comments system
- Download file manager
- Photo Galleries
- Online Shop