A checklist 15 Things you need to do before launching your website
The following article is about a number of things you should do before launching a new website (whether it is Joomla or otherwise). This also applies to those who have already launched their site, to keep your website in tip top shape :)
- Create a Favicon
- Check your titles and metadata (great for SEF)
- Make sure your site works fine across ALL browsers to ensure a great experience to all users
- Proofread your articles - ideally have someone else proofread them for you
- Make sure all your links are working fine - test them!
- Test everything, all your functionality - don't just assume everything works
- Use the W3C Validator. It will help your site to load faster, resulting in a better end user experience.
- Create an RSS feed - to keep your regular users updated and coming back ;)
- Use Analytics to monitor your site's traffic
- Create a sitemap, will help your site's content be indexed by search engines faster
- Create a 404 page, and check that your forms validate correctly
- Optimize your site's performance - remember spend money on good Joomla website hosting
- Backup, backup backup
- Create a print only version of your site - some people may want to use your information "offline"
Funnily enough we have articles on how to do most of these things for your Joomla website :) So go through the article, and then come back to see how to do it in Joomla ;)