A few months back we switched to Siteground from our previous host - and thank god, we're never looking back! Here are 5 reasons why we think Siteground and their hackalert monitoring is awesome!
1. SiteGround HackAlert monitoring - checks the state of your website for hacking
The biggest way you can get egg on your face is if you site gets hacked and you end up serving malware to your customers rather than the product / service they came looking for. Siteground hackalert monitoring has technology which can monitor your website and ensure it is clean of any malware and alert you if your site gets hacked. They will also help you clean it if something happens - but even just knowing about it is really important for your reputation. HackAlert monitoring makes sure you don't get caught off guard by doing an analysis of your website in the background. If they detect files and patterns which are synonmous with hacking, they will send you an alert. Infact, you will get a weekly email with the status of the hackalert monitoring review of your website's files. Of course, it would be better to implement security to prevent hacking in the first place.
Is HackAlert worth it?
So you might be wondering, should I actually increase the price of my web hosting service with the Hackalert monitoring service? Let's go through a few thoughts.
- The price of HackAlert is only $1/month. What that means that over the course of a year, you are just going to add $12 to your hosting to improve your website's security significantly. You are making sure your site does not get hacked and we believe this is worth much more than this. Looking at other services you'll find that many of them are going to cost even MORE than the monitoring
- You want to know IMMEDIATELY about any tampering with your site. If your site has been attacked and hacked, the last thing you want is to leave your site in a hacked state. Besides the fact that somebody already has control of your site, the likelihood is that the same site is going to get exploited further. You quickly want to put a stop to that and FIX any problems asap. With a weekly email alert, you'll get to know in an average of 3 days if your site has been tampered with.
- The cost of not having HackAlert is much higher - let's say your site gets hacked and you don't immediately notice (most hack attacks are subtle - they need your website to remain hacked so they will hide themselves). What can happen is this. Your site starts sending SPAM and your domain and server get blacklisted. Your site overwhelms the server with malicious traffic and your site gets shutdown. Your site is marked as unsafe by Google and people get a warning in their browsers not to visit your site. Recovering from any of these problems is going to cost you MUCH MORE than $12.
Do I need HackAlert Malware Monitoring?
We strongly believe, that you are better safe than sorry. HackAlert Malware Monitoring makes sure that you are not left in the blind. The good thing about SiteGround is that they already have lots of good security practices in place, but these are not fail-safe. You need all of the protection your website can get. We get HackAlert Malware Monitoring with each site that we host on SiteGround, because really and truly - there is nothing to lose and much to gain.
2. Joomla! and Wordpress auto-updates
Keeping track of new releases is not always feasible. Even if you are able to keep up to date with the releases, if you administer a large number of sites, updating all of them take time and effort. Siteground's awesome "Joomla! Auto-update" and "Wordpress Auto-update" tool monitors new releases of Joomla! and Wordpress and automatically updates your website site as soon as a new release is out. So no longer do you need to be scared of missing any security releases - you are covered.
3. Joomla! (and WordPress) is fast
Siteground have specifically tuned their servers to be able to make Joomla and Wordpress fast. They also have multiple levels of caching which ensure that even if your site is getting heavy traffic - it will withstand the pressure. Their SuperCacher technology uses Varnish Static cache for stuff such as CSS and images, Varnish Dynamic cache for all your dynamic content coming from the database, and Memcached which is the ultimate level of caching. Check out our own results powered by SiteGround!
4. Do your testing on a staging server
Who has never experienced the pain of doing some testing on their live site and breaking it in the process due to some incompatibility. I know I'm guilty of that myself *embarrassed* SiteGround helps prevent against this by providing a 1-click staging server. This is essentially a copy of your live website which is used for testing purposes. You can do your changes of the staging server, once you confirm that all is ok, you can push these change to the live site - AUTOMATICALLY - how cool is that?
5. Great Joomla! and Wordpress specific support
The biggest pain in the behind is when you site goes down and you have no idea why - whilst your hosting server will blame it on Joomla! This is something which you will not experience with Siteground. They have a lot of Joomla! gurus on their support staff and they WILL resolve any of your problems if and when they happen without shying away from anything Joomla
We're hosted on SiteGround because we care about our website, and we're recommending them because we truly think everybody should too. Websites hosting on them load faster, their servers are safer, hackalert monitoring keeps your site clean and their support is better (they do have to metrics to prove these bold claims). Why don't you do like us and give SiteGround a try. You won't have to worry about moving your site, they will do it for you for free. We guarantee you'll never want to go back to your old host. Your first 30 days are on them, so you don't even have to pay them a cent if you don't like what you see ;)
One more thing...Do you have friends or a Facebook group who you think would find this useful? Share this with them and then let me know what they think.
Want to supercharge your website?Our website loads FAST ... just 1.29 seconds. We're hosted on FAST InMotion servers We want YOUR website to be fast too, so we've gotten you an exclusive deal - 47% OFF for DART Creations friends + FREE domain! Check it out NOW!
who are we?
DART Creations is run by David Attard - working in and around the web design niche for more than 12 years, we provide actionable tips for people who work with and on websites. We also run DronesBuy.net - a website for drone hobbyists
Follow us on Social
Advertise on DART-Creations.com
DART Creations is interested in developing partnerships with mutual benefit. If you like the stuff we publish and would like to develop a relationship, we'd be happy to hear from you. Go on - drop us a line - we'd love to hear from you :-)
The Outstanding HunGRYJPEG Bundles
AWESOMENESS! Bundles of premium font + graphic packs at more than 96% OFF! Get this bundle for just $29 - This month ONLY!
New! DIVI 3.0 WordPress TeMPLATE + PageBuilder - 10% OFF Limited Launch offer
You'll surely create a perfect website with Divi 3.0!